Bare metal restoration of Windows file servers
A ransomware attack or a system failure on your Windows file servers can throw a wrench into your organization's normal functions. When disaster strikes, you need a way to restore your file servers to proper working condition with minimal downtime.
This is where RecoveryManager Plus’ bare-metal file server restoration capabilities come in handy. This feature allows you to back up your file servers' entire contents, including their system state, system partitions, and all their files and folders.
Performing a bare-metal restoration on your ransomware or virus-affected system removes all traces of an infection and its potential sources, including backdoors, locked or encrypted files, and other potential cyber dangers.
How it works
Initially, RecoveryManager Plus performs a full backup of your file servers. After creating a full backup, the product searches for changes made to individual files and folders and backs up just the modified data. These incremental backups help you maintain a backup of your file server's most recent state, while also reducing the time required to back up servers.
- File/folder/volume-level restoration: In addition to performing bare-metal restorations with RecoveryManager Plus, you can also perform file, folder, and volume-level granular restorations using any available full backups.
- Incremental backups: RecoveryManager Plus identifies changes made since the previous backup cycle and backs up just those changes, saving precious storage space and reducing the time needed to complete the backup process.
- Backup retention: Configure a backup retention period for full backups so you can access older backups in case recent backups are corrupted. Specify how many full backups you'd like to retain and save considerable storage space by discarding older, redundant backups.
- Custom backup scheduler: Choose when you'd like to run full and incremental backups. As long as you're fully backing up your file servers every month and incrementally backing up changes on a daily basis, you'll be able to restore your file servers to nearly any state.
- Compression: Compress full and incremental backups to one-fourth (25 percent) of their original size to significantly reduce the disk space needed for backups.
- Active Directory and virtual machine backup: In addition to Windows file server backup and restoration, RecoveryManager Plus can also back up your Active Directory and virtual machine environments, making it a 3-in-1 backup and restoration solution.