Importing data from cloud drive
Analytics Plus allows you to import data from CSV, Excel (XLS and XLSX), JSON, HTML and zipped files stored on different Cloud Drive/Storage such as Google Drive, Dropbox, Box and OneDrive, for advanced reporting and analysis. You can also schedule periodical import from your Cloud Drive.
This section explains how to import data from Cloud Drive into Analytics Plus.
- What are the Cloud Storage services from which I can import data into Analytics Plus?
- How do I import data from Google Drive into Analytics Plus?
- How do I import data from Dropbox file into Analytics Plus?
- How do I import data from Box into Analytics Plus?
- How do I import data from OneDrive into Analytics Plus?
- What are the file formats that can be imported into Analytics Plus?
- Can I import data into an existing table?
- Can I import huge files into Analytics Plus?
- How do I set a custom date format?
- Can I map a column from my file into a column in Analytics Plus table while importing?
- Can I save my import settings?
- Why do I see Warning Details in Import Summary?
- How do I set On Import Error options?
- Can I retain the relational data modeling from my source?
- Can I schedule importing data?
- Can I import files from my local drive?
Analytics Plus allows you to import data stored on Cloud Drives such as Google Drive, Dropbox, Box and OneDrive, for advanced reporting and analysis. You can also schedule periodic imports from your Cloud Drive.
Supported file formats:
- Excel (XLS and XLSX)
- MS Access Database file
- .zip file
To import data from Google Drive:
- Goto your Home page → Click on the Import Your Data option → Select Cloud Storage/Drive.
- Select Google Drive option under the Choose Your Storage app window.
- The import wizard will walk you through the steps displayed in the screenshot below. Click Start Wizard to continue.
- Copy the URL from the screen using the Copy URL button and click Next.
- Log into the Google API console and select a project from the drop-down.
- Create a new project if you don't have one already.
- Go to Library or click on ENABLE APIs AND SERVICES on the home page.
- Search for Google Drive API → Click Enable.
- Click on the Create Credentials button in the Google Drive API page and select OAuth client ID.
Analytics Plus supports importing data from the following sources.
- Comma Separated Value (CSV, TSV, and other text formats)
- Excel (XLS and XLSX)
- MS Access Database File
Yes. Please follow the given steps to import data into an existing table.
- Open the table into which you want to import data.
- Click the plus icon "+" beside the Edit Design button and select Import Data / New Table. An import wizard to guide you through the data import process will open.
Analytics Plus Agent has a restriction on the size of data import. The file size for upload cannot exceed 500MB.
Larger files (>500MB) can be imported using the Analytics Agent. The Analytics Plus Agent is a downloadable tool which can be installed in your machine. You can also schedule data upload using this tool.
Refer the Analytics Plus Agent documentation section to learn more.
By default, Analytics Plus tries to identify the date format of the given date column from the data provided. If you find that to be incorrect or if Analytics Plus had failed to recognize any date column, you could set the date format in the Format of Date Column(s) option. Refer to this link, to know how to construct a custom date format.
Yes, you can map columns while importing. Click the Join tables button below the Data Preview of the Import Setting. This will list the lookup columns. A lookup is a parent-child relation between the two matching columns, one from the existing table and the other from the table being imported. Matching columns are the two columns which share the same data type and the column name. With lookup, you can choose to map a new column with another from an existing table (which joins the two tables) in Analytics Plus during import.
Your import settings will be saved when your data source meets the following criteria.
- You have your data in Web or FTP server
- Your data has column header
You can choose to edit and save your import settings from the Edit Setup button in the Data Sources section. The Data sources section can be found at the bottom-left of the side panel.
Specifying a wrong data type for your column will generate errors on import. Analytics Plus will handle the errors condition as you have set in On Import Errors option.
In case of such errors, the details of the same would be shown in the Import Summary dialog.
You can specify how Analytics Plus should handle import errors with predefined rules in the Import setting dialog of the Import Wizard.
These are the available options:
- Set Empty Value for the Column (default) - Select this option to set empty value to the corresponding column value which had problems while importing.
- Skip Corresponding Rows - Select this option to skip the corresponding rows in which an error occurs while importing.
- Don't Import the data - Select this option to abort the import process, if any error occurs during importing.
Error details (if any) will be shown in the Import Summary dialog which appears on completion of the Import process.
You cannot retain the relational data modeling from your source. However, Analytics Plus allows you to auto join tables.
While importing a new table into an existing workspace, Analytics Plus auto identifies columns with the same column name and datatype and provides suggestions for lookup. You can create this lookup by following the steps in the below slide.
Yes, you can schedule your import. Analytics Plus supports scheduling import when you have stored your data in a web URL or FTP Server. It is mandatory that your data has a column header.
Refer the slideshow to know how to schedule the import.
Refer to the Importing Data from Files and Feed section to know how to import data from the local drive.