Importing Data into an Existing Table
ManageEngine Analytics Plus allows you to import data from tabular format files like CSV, Excel, HTML or Tabular files formats into existing tables. With this option, you can easily update (add/modify/delete) the records in your existing table. The data being imported can be in any file formats mentioned and can be available in your local machine or a URL or Web feed or even some application generated. You could also copy & paste the data into ManageEngine Analytics Plus and get it imported into the necessary table.
In this chapter, we will discuss how to import data into an existing table in your workspace.
Importing data into an existing table is almost similar to Importing data to create a new table in ManageEngine Analytics Plus.
To do this:
- Open the corresponding table into which you want to import data.
- Click Import - > Import into this Table option in the toolbar. The Import Data dialog will open.
- Choose How do you want to Import? from the drop-down list. Available options are:
- Add records at the end - Use this option to append imported records to the end of the table.
- Delete existing records and add - Use this option to delete entire records in ManageEngine Analytics Plus table and add the new records into the table.
- Add records and replace if already exists - Use this option to update the already existing records in the table with the new values and append the new records at the end of the table.
- Add records, replace existing and delete missing record - Use this option to update the already existing records with the new values, append new records in the file to the end of the table and delete records that are not available in the file but present only in the table.
When Add records and replace if already exists or Add records, replace existing and delete missing record is selected, it is mandatory to specify matching columns. You can choose one or more columns as matching columns. ManageEngine Analytics Plus will use the values in these columns as the key to match the existing records with the new records being imported. Hence the matching column(s) combination should uniquely identify each record in the table. Once a match is identified, then ManageEngine Analytics Plus will update that existing record in the table with the new values present in the file being Imported. In case the specified matching column does not identify unique records, then all records will be appended at the end of the table.
- Choose the file type.
- Choose the data location. In case of choosing Web as data location, it will provide the following options Choose the appropriate option and then provide the full path to the URL in the field provided.
- URL - Choose this to import data from a publicly accessible URL
- URL With Authentication - Choose this to import data from URL with basic authentication. On choosing this, you need to provide username and password to access data from the URL.
- Click Next to proceed importing data.
Other Import settings are similar to how you import data to create a new table. For details, refer to the Import data to create a new table section.