How can I image a computer with Agent on it?
This document will guide you to image a computer with Agent on it. There are few pre-requisites which are described below.
Agents have a unique ID which represents the machine with its name and system details. If more than one Agent is identified with the same ID , the details listed in the Console will be overwritten. This would end up listing details of only one computer though there are several computers with the same ID. So in order to avoid this issue, follow the steps mentioned below to image a computer with an Agent on it.
- Install Agent in the computer which is to be used for imaging.
- Download this script and store it in the system that is supposed to be imaged.
(running this script will block the Agent from communicating the Server)
- Rename the .txt file as .vbs file
- Open the command prompt as administrator and navigate to the folder where the above script is stored.
- Execute the script as: cscript.exe dcagentPreImage.vbs
(example : E:\Downloads>cscript.exe dcagentPreImage.vbs)
- Now your computer is ready to be imaged with the Agent, for deployment.
Desktop Central Agent in the newly imaged computers will contact the Server only if they are renamed.
- If you want to manage the imaged computer, download this script and run the same as administrator on the imaged computer after being used for deployment (rename the .txt file as .vbs file).
- This would restore the Agent communication with the Server.