Agent installation using Desktop Central's Software Deployment feature
ManageEngine's Desktop Central can be used to install agents on computers using Software Deployment feature. This can be done by following 3 basic steps:
- Download the agent from Browser Security Plus console.
- Create a EXE package containing the Browser Security Plus agent using Software Deployment feature in Desktop Central console.
- Deploy the created package to the computers you want to manage using Browser Security Plus.
Follow the below step-by-step instructions to install Browser Security Plus agents using Desktop Central's Software Deployment software:
Downloading Browser Security Plus agent
- Open Browser Security Plus web client.
- Navigate to Agent tab.
- Click Scope of Management.
- Click on "Download Agent" button.
- Extract the downloaded zip file.
Creating an EXE package using Desktop Central's Software Deployment feature:
- Open Desktop Central's web client.
- Click Software Deployment tab.
- Click Add Package.
- Select Windows from the drop down list.
- Enter name for the package.
- Select MSI.
- Choose Commercial license type.
- Select Shared Folder or This computer depending on where the downloaded agent is stored.
- Upload the downloaded zipped file from the file uploader window.
- In the installation tab, enter BrowserSecurityPlusAgent.msi in the MSI/MSP file name field.
- Check the free disk space under pre-deployment activities. Minimum of 50MB should be available.
- Click Add package.
Deploying the package to computers
- Click on Actions and select Install software in computer corresponding to the freshly created package.
- Define the target/Select the computers on which you want the Browser Security Plus agent to be installed.
- Click on Deploy Immediately.
You have now installed the agent on computers using Desktop Central's Software Deployment feature.