This document provides you the information related to the basic requirements to install Password Manager Pro in your system environment. This is to ensure your system environment is compatible to perform all the Password Manager Pro functions and operations. This document deals with topics such as prerequisites, system requirements, components, ports and also includes information related to the operating systems for the different deployments of the Password Manager Pro installation.
Before you install the product in your system environment, make sure that all the below basic requirements are satisfied:
- System Requirements
- Components of Password Manager Pro
- Ports used by Password Manager Pro
Apart from the standard system requirements (both hardware and software), the following elements are essential for the proper functioning of the Password Manager Pro server:
Note: The following are required, if you're planning to make use of Password Manager Pro's account discovery and password reset provisions.
- An external mail server (SMTP server) for the functioning of Password Manager Pro server and to send various notifications to users.
- A service account [OR] a gMSA that has either domain admin rights or local admin rights in the Password Manager Pro server and in the target systems that you would like to manage.
- Microsoft .NET framework.
- Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 and above (for Password Manager Pro's Account Discovery and Password Reset features).
(Applicable from build 10404 to 11000)
Note: Follow the below steps to allow Password Manager Pro to perform all SSL-related operations if you have the Key Manager Plus add-on in your installation:
1. Download the .zip folder from this link and extract the remcom.exe file from the .zip folder.
2. Copy and paste the remcom.exe file into the <PMP Installation Folder>/bin directory.
From build 11000 onwards, the above-mentioned features will work without the remcom.exe file.
2. System Requirements
The below table provides an overview of the hardware and software configurations required by Password Manager Pro:
Note: For Session Recordings, the disk space requirement may vary based on the usage levels.
Note: In general, Password Manager Pro works well with any flavor of Linux and can also be run on VMs of the above operating systems.
HTML client requires one of the following browsers** to be installed in the system:
** Password Manager Pro is optimized for 1280 x 800 resolution and above.
See this document for more details on the software and hardware requirements for Password Manager Pro, based on your organization's size.
3. Components of Password Manager Pro
Password Manager Pro comprises of the following components:
- The Password Manager Pro server
- The Password Manager Pro Agent:
- for establishing connections with the remote resources.
- The database PostgreSQL 14.7:
- bundled with Password Manager Pro that runs as a separate process.
- accepts connections only from the host where it is running.
- runs in an invisible mode.
4. Ports Used by Password Manager Pro
The below table lists the set of all ports used by Password Manager Pro for remote access:
Web client port
LDAP without SSL port
LDAP with SSL port
MS SQL port
My SQL port
Sybase ASE port
PMP API port
Password Verification port
135, 139, 445
SSH CLI port
Auto Logon Spark View Gateway port