MDM - Unable to retrieve App data
You might get the error message "Unable to retrieve App data" in the following scenarios;
- While you try to add an App to the App lock profile.
- While associating the App lock profile to devices.
You might get this error message in the following scenarios;
- While you try to add an App to the App lock Profile and the specified App name and the bundle identifier could not be retrieved. This is because the specified App is not found in the App Repository or the relevant App details cannot be fetched from the installed devices.
- While associating the App lock profile to devices, and the specified App is not installed in the device.
- App details like App name and bundle identifier are retrieved either from the App repository or from the end users devices on which the App is installed. So ensure that the App is added in the App repository. In case of App being installed in one of the end users device, make sure that the device is scanned manually after the App installation. After scanning the device, Desktop Central will be able to retrieve the App data.
- It is recommended to install the specific App in the devices to which the App lock needs to be applied. App lock will not work if the specified App is not installed in the device.
Note : App lock will be applied to the devices immediately if the specified App is already installed in the device. In case if the App is installed only after the App lock profile is applied, the mobile device should be restarted for the App Lock to function.
Applies to: Scanning the mobile device, Distributing Apps, Associating Profiles, App Lock
Keywords: MDM scanning, Associating profiles, APNs, Mobile Device Management, App Lock