How to share and control a remote desktop?
Desktop Central's Remote Control capabilities help you gain access to any remote computer of your client. This requires Desktop Central Agent to be installed in client systems. Enable ActiveX controls in the IE browser from where a connection to the client systems is being established. The following steps will assist you to share and control a remote desktop.
Steps to share and control a remote desktop
- Add your customers and install the agent on your clients' computers that you wish to manage.
- Enable the default gateway port as 8048 (or 8047 if you are using secure mode) on the Desktop Central Server. You will need to enable the 8048/8047 port the external firewalls if any.
- Go to Tools tab and select Remote Control
- In the Action field, click the Connect link corresponding to the computer name you want to connect.
- The View Desktop link will get activitated within the two-minutes refresh cycle. Click the View Desktop link to view.