Device Control Plus is also available as an add-on for Desktop Central. If you're interested in Desktop Central or already a Desktop Central user, here's why the add-on can be a better choice for you:
|Device Control add-on for Desktop Central
|Suitable For Desktop Central users
||Suitable for users who do not use Desktop Central
|Does not require additional server set up and agents
||Requires a server to be set up and agents to be deployed to endpoints you want to manage
|All the capabilities of Device Control Plus can be easily extended to computers and groups that are already managed by Desktop Central.
|Available at 20% lesser price
Note: The Device Control add-on covers all the capabilities of the standalone Device Control solution except patch management, which is already available in Desktop Central. The add-on capabilities remain the same regardless of the Desktop Central edition.
What is Desktop Central?
ManageEngine Desktop Central is a complete unified endpoint management solution which allows you to manage any device in your network from anywhere at any instant. Desktop Central enables complete PC life cycle management, acts as a comprehensive patch and software deployment solution, and provides detailed insights in the organizations's IT assets. Capabilities to remotely troubleshoot devices, image and deploy OS to numerous network computers, modern management (including BYOD devices), all from a single console ensure that this 360-degree UEM tool will watch over all the endpoints in the Enterprise. Learn in detail about the extensive capabilities of Desktop Central.
How does the Device Control add-on benefit Desktop Central users?
Integrating the Device Control add-on allows you to:
- A crucial step in unified endpoint security is to protect the network perimeter from device-related threats. Detect and immediately classify 18+ types of in-built and external peripheral devices for Windows and Mac endpoints as trusted, allowed, temporarily allowed or blocked.
- Enterprises that scale up often need not worry. Since Desktop Central is constantly in sync with Active Directory, new assets will be brought under the radar as soon as they enter your network, leaving no opportunity for new threats to go unnoticed.
- Easily extend all the device and file access management capabilities to machines and groups that are already managed using Desktop Central.
- For permitted devices, granular file access and transfer permissions are provided for the continuity of flexible, role-based administration such that authorized employees can still use their verified devices to access mission-critical data without inconvenience.
- The add-on automatically traces and audits all device and file actions. The information is consolidated in extensive but easy-to-navigate reports which can be used, along with the other reports provided by Desktop Central, for forensic analysis and to gain a holistic view of the network.
- Utilize additional dashboards to stay vigilant of threats and device and file action trends at a glance.
- As unified endpoint management involves many facets of security, a fragmented workflow and disparity in data between the solutions can result in oversight. The device control add-on enables admins to configure numerous settings and cover all aspects of device control and file security in a streamlined manner right from Desktop Central interface, for utmost efficiency and operative ease.
- Avoid hefty fines by conforming to cybersecurity compliance and regulations.