How to control devices with Device Control Plus's device policies?
- Open Device Control Plus console --> Go to Create Policies
- Click create.
- Select the type of access you want to give for each device type. You can select 'allow' to allow the device to access your endpoint else you can select 'block'. If you want to retain the existing status, select 'No change'. If you want to allow only the trusted devices of the corresponding type, you can also directly select 'allow only trusted devices'.
Configure audit settings.
- Enable the toggle against Monitor all device activities.
- Specify the frequency (in hours) at which the reports should be generated.
- Enable the toggle against 'Send blocked device details' to receive details on the blocked devices that attempted to connect with your computer.
Configure Alert settings.
Select any one of the alert types available under the Alert settings.
- You can select this option when you do not want to alert the end user during an unauthorized access from their end.
- You can go ahead and select this option when you have a default message that is to be displayed to alert the end user whenever there is an unauthorized access from their end.
- You can select this option when you want to display a customized message to alert the end user when there is an unauthorized access from their end.