Templates are predefined configurations that help in achieving a specific task. While you can perform any configuration by defining them on your own, templates help in getting things done faster. The following are advantages of templates over normal configurations:
- Helps to complete the configurations quickly
- You do not have to know how to achieve a specific task; you just have to select the target computers to apply the configuration
- You do not have to explore all the supported configurations and then select to define
To view the available templates, navigate to Configurations from Admin tab and click on Templates. This will list all the templates provided by Endpoint Central. You can also filter the view by selecting an appropriate category from the combo box. The Type column indicates whether the configuration is applied to Users or Computers.
To use the template, follow the steps below:
- Navigate to web console Configurations --> Add Configurations --> Templates to view the templates.
- Click the Template that has to be applied to view its details then click Create Configuration to create the configuration.
- Using the Defining Targets procedure, define the targets for deploying the configuration.
- Click the Deploy button to deploy the defined Configuration in the targets defined. To save the configuration as draft, click Save as Draft.
Endpoint Central supports various templates that can be applied to Users/Computers -