Application Control Plus is also available as an add-on for Endpoint Central. If you're interested in Endpoint Central or already a Endpoint Central user, here's why the add-on can be a better choice for you:
|Application Control add-on for Endpoint Central
|Suitable For Endpoint Central users
||Suitable for users who do not use Endpoint Central
|Does not require additional server set up and agents
||Requires a server to be set up and agents to be deployed to endpoints you want to manage
|All the capabilities of Application Control Plus can be easily extended to computers and groups that are already managed by Endpoint Central.
|Available at 20% lesser price
Note: The Application Control add-on covers all the capabilities of the standalone Application Control solution. The add-on capabilities remain the same regardless of the Endpoint Central edition.
What is Endpoint Central?
ManageEngine Endpoint Central is a complete unified endpoint management solution which allows you to manage any device in your network from anywhere at any instant. Endpoint Central enables complete PC life cycle management, acts as a comprehensive patch and software deployment solution, and provides detailed insights in the organizations's IT assets. Capabilities to remotely troubleshoot devices, image and deploy OS to numerous network computers, modern management (including BYOD devices), all from a single console ensure that this 360-degree UEM tool will watch over all the endpoints in the Enterprise. Learn in detail about the extensive capabilities of Endpoint Central.
How does the Application Control add-on benefit Endpoint Central users?
Integrating the Application Control add-on allows you to:
- A crucial step in unified endpoint security is to protect the network perimeter from all application-related threats. Contributing to this, the add-on enables application discovery and categorization along with rule-based whitelisting and blacklisting of apps for all Windows endpoints.
- Add to your patch management efforts by identifying and removing unnecessary admin rights that are mostly essential to exploit vulnerabilities. The endpoint privilege management feature ensures that it doesn't affect your productivity by allowing application-specific elevation of privileges instead when required.
- Enterprises that scale up often need not worry. Since Endpoint Central is constantly in sync with Active Directory, new assets will be brought under the radar as soon as they enter your network, leaving no opportunity for new threats to go unnoticed.
- Easily extend all the application control and endpoint privilege management capabilities to machines and groups that are already managed using Endpoint Central.
- The add-on automatically traces and audits all the control policies deployed. The information is consolidated in extensive but easy-to-navigate reports which can be used, along with the other reports provided by Endpoint Central, for forensic analysis and to gain a holistic view of the network.
- Utilize additional dashboards to stay vigilant of application-related threats and trends at a glance.
- As unified endpoint management involves many facets of security, a fragmented workflow and disparity in data between the solutions can result in oversight. The application control add-on enables admins to configure numerous settings and cover all aspects of application control and endpoint privilege management in a streamlined manner right from Endpoint Central interface, for utmost efficiency and operative ease.
- Avoid hefty fines by conforming to cybersecurity compliance and regulations.