Using this feature customize the naming format to be used across Microsoft 365.
Steps to create a naming format
- Go to the Settings tab.
- Navigate to Configuration → Management Settings → Naming Formats in the left pane.
- Click on Add New Format.
- It will be easy to understand, if we proceed further with an example. Let us create a new logon name in this format: "First two characters of First Name + Last Name". Eg. JoSmith, for a user whose First Name is John and Last Name is Smith
Under Advanced Configuration, you can check or uncheck the following:
- In the Display Name field, provide a suitable name for the naming format that you are about to create. Example: Logon Name Format.
- From the first drop-down of Select Attribute, choose First Name, and from the second drop-down choose First. In the text box that appears, enter 2.
- Click on the +Add option. The format you had specified in Step b, will now be added to the Naming Format field.
- Now again from the Select Attribute drop-downs, choose Last Name and All respectively.
- Click on +Add. The format specified in Step d will be appended to the already existing values in the Naming Format field.
Click on Save.
- Limit the resultant format value length to
- Remove Umlaut Accents
- Remove Specified Characters
- Trim unwanted space and dots