Zoho People is an HR management software that operates on a cloud-based platform, simplifying HR operations for businesses. The software suite offers a wide range of comprehensive sets of tools for HR management, including recruitment management, onboarding, time tracking, attendance management, leave management, performance management, and more. Zoho People's customizable nature enables it to handle all aspects of HR management for businesses of all sizes.
By integrating Zoho People with ADManager Plus, businesses can automate user lifecycle management for both SaaS and on-premises applications, including Microsoft Active Directory. Using this integration, employee data and profiles can be updated in Zoho People and are automatically reflected in the Active Directory in real time, saving time and increasing efficiency.
Integrating Zoho People with ADManager Plus eliminates manual identity management and streamlines automated exchange of information with HR-IT sync.
Eliminate errors in user provisioning, and maintain employee information accurately across AD and other applications.
Analyze user activity and HR metrics reports to identify potential issues and opportunities for optimization.
Integrating ADManager Plus with Zoho People allows you to perform user management tasks such as creation, modification, and deletion of users in Active Directory as and when they are added in Zoho People.
Configure Zoho People settings in ADManager Plus
- Log on to ADManager Plus as the admin.
- Navigate to the Automation tab.
- In the left pane, select HCM Integrations.
- Under HCM applications, select Zoho People and click Server Details.
- Enter the Zoho Account URL in the respective field. You can learn more here.
- Enter the Client ID and Client Secret in the respective fields.
Steps to obtain Client ID and Client Secret through Zoho Accounts
- Open the Zoho Accounts page from your browser. You can learn more here.
- Click ADD CLIENT and select Server Based Applications.
- In the pop-up, enter the requested information as follows:
- Client Name: The name of the client that is being integrated. For example, ADManager Plus
- Homepage URL
- Syntax: < protocol >://< host >:< port >
- Example: http://user-1234:8080
- Authorized Redirect URLs
- Syntax: < protocol >://< host >:< port >/OAuthCode.do
- Example: http://user-1234:8080/OAuthCode.do
- Or: http://localhost:8080/OAuthCode.do
- Click Create to finish.
- Now navigate to the home page and select ADManager Plus. Navigate to the Client Secret tab to view the Client ID and Client Secret, as shown in the image below.
- The Mapping Attributes section is for mapping various fields in the application being integrated to their corresponding AD attributes. For example, the 'First Name' in Zoho People can be mapped to the AD attribute 'User Name'.
- Click Save.
Error: invalid_clientResolution: This error can arise when an invalid Client ID or Client Secret is entered. Check if the correct Client ID and Client Secret is entered and try again.
Error: invalid_client_secretResolution: This error can arise when an invalid Client Secret is entered. Check if the correct Client Secret is entered and try again.
Error: invalid_codeResolution: This error occurs when the refresh token used to generate a new access token is wrong or revoked. Check if the correct refresh token value is specified before refreshing an access token and try again.
Error: invalid_redirect_uriResolution: This error can arise when there is a mismatch between the redirect URI in the request and the one registered in the developer console. Specify the correct redirect URI in the request and try again.
- Create user accounts
- Modify user attributes
- Modify user accounts by template
- Reset password
- Unlock users
- Disable users
- Enable users
- Delete users
- Run custom scripts
- Move users across groups
- Add users to groups
- Remove users from groups
- Create mailbox
- Disable or delete mailbox
- Move home folder
- Delete home folder
- Revoke Microsoft 365 licenses
- Manage user photos
- Disable Lync accounts
- Auto reply
Need help integrating your application with ADManager Plus?
Get custom support from our solution experts to match your specific requirements.
- Eliminate any scope for error.
- Save time and resources.
- Expedite time-to-value.