Converting EventLog Analyzer standard edition to a managed server
You can convert your standalone EventLog Analyzer installation (Standard Edition) into a Managed Server installation of distributed edition by following the below steps:
- Shut down EventLog Analyzer installation.
- Backup the database.
- Execute the ConvertToManagedServer.bat/sh file located in <EventLog Analyzer Home>/troubleshooting with administrative privilege.
- Enter y and press the Enter key to continue.
- Enter the details such as the name or the IP address, web port, and web server protocol of the managed server and the admin server.
- If you want to configure a proxy server, enter y for the next query and then enter the proxy server details such as the proxy server name, port number, username, and password.
- You will see a success message if EventLog Analyzer has been converted from the standalone installation into a managed server installation of the distributed edition.
- Open the admin server console to which you've linked this managed server and navigate to Settings > Configurations > Managed Server Settings to ensure that the converted server is listed.
If your managed server is unable to reach the admin server, please ensure the following:
- The admin server to which you want to link the new managed server is accessible on the given port using the mentioned protocol.
- If the admin server is using a proxy server, check whether the provided proxy server details are correct.