Patch Management Life Cycle
Desktop Central MSP Patch Management module consists to the following five stages:
- Update Vulnerability Details from Vendors
- Scan the Network
- Identify Patches for Vulnerabilities
- Download and Deploy Patches
- Generate Status Reports
Fig: Patch Management Life Cycle
Update Vulnerability Details from Vendors
- Be up-to-date with the latest patch related information from the various sources.
- Download patches and run extensive tests to validate the authenticity and accuracy of patches
Scan the Network
- Discover and identify the systems in the network based on the defined Scope of Management.
Identify Patches for Vulnerabilities
- Assess the vulnerabilities in the systems periodically.
- Analyze what patches are missing and what are installed.
Download and Deploy Patches
- Download the required patches from the vendor site.
- Deploy patches in the missing systems.
- Verify and validate the accuracy of patch installation
Generate Status Reports
- Generate reports of various patch management tasks.
- Monitor the patching progress in the enterprise.