Steps to apply M365 Manager Plus service pack
- Shut down M365 Manager Plus:
- If the product runs as an application, click Start > All Programs > M365 Manager Plus > Stop M365 Manager Plus.
- If the product runs as a Windows service, click Start > Run > type services.msc > Stop ManageEngine M365 Manager Plus.
- Execute the stopDB.bat file stored in the <M365 Manager Plus>\bin directory.
- Back up M365 Manager Plus by zipping the contents of the <M365 Manager Plus> directory.
- If you're using Microsoft SQL Server, take a backup of the database, too.
- Open the Command Prompt as an administrator and execute the UpdateManager.bat file stored in the <M365 Manager Plus>\bin directory.
- Click Browse and select the PPM file (service pack file) that you downloaded.
- Click Install. Depending on the amount of data to be migrated, the installation procedure may take a few minutes. Please do not terminate the process prematurely. The certificate required to verify the service pack's integrity will be automatically imported by the Update Manager.
- If the automatic certificate import process fails, please import the certificate manually. Otherwise, click Close and then Exit to quit the Update Manager tool.
- Start M365 Manager Plus:
- If the product runs as an application, click Start > All Programs > M365 Manager Plus > Start M365 Manager Plus.
If the product runs as a Windows service, click Start > Run > type services.msc > Start ManageEngine M365 Manager Plus
- If you need to apply more than one service pack, follow the same instructions for each installation.
- If you have enabled high availability, then follow the steps given below:
- Shut down both the primary and standby servers.
- Follow steps (2) through (8) given above, and apply the service pack in both the servers.
- Start both the primary and standby servers.
How do I find my current build number?
- Log in to the M365 Manager Plus web client.
- Click on the License link at the top right corner.
- Find the Build number.