How do I move M365 Security Plus to a new server?
To move M365 Security Plus to a new server. follow the steps listed below.
Note: Please upgrade M365 Security Plus to the latest build using the Service Pack before migration. And, do not uninstall M365 Security Plus from the old machine until the new installation works fine.
- Navigate to <install_dir>/conf (By default: C:\ManageEngine\ M365 Security Plus\conf)
- Open database_params.conf file in a text editor and identify the database that is being used by M365 Security Plus in your environment.
- If the database is MySQL or MS SQL, then contact M365 Security Plus support for further guidance.
- If the database is PostgreSQL, then continue with the following steps.
- Stop M365 Security Plus (Start → All Programs → M365 Security Plus → Stop M365 Security Plus if it running as an application, or Start → Run → services.msc → Stop the 'ManageEngine M365 Security Plus' if it is running as a service.)
- Open command prmspt as administrator.
- Navigate to <Installation directory>\bin
- Run 'backupDB.bat' file to back up the database of your current installation. This will create a folder named 'Backup' in the installation folder. By default, C:\Program Files\ManageEngine\M365 Security Plus. This folder will contain the database in cmspressed file format.
- Backup patch files, if you have any. Take a copy of the Patch folder present in M365 Security Plus installation directory (By default: C:\Program Files\ManageEngine\M365 Security Plus)
- Download and install the build of the same number on the new server.
- Stop M365 Security Plus after installation on the new server.
- Paste the Patch folder under the M365 Security Plus installation directory (By default: C:\Program Files\ManageEngine\M365 Security Plus)
- Copy and paste the cmspressed database backup file created from the old installation in the following location on the new server: \M365 Security Plus\bin (By default: C:\Program Files\ManageEngine\M365 Security Plus\bin)
- In the new server, open the command prmspt as an administrator.
- Navigate to <Installation_Dir>\bin.
- Execute the 'restoreDB.bat' file from the command prmspt using the cmspressed DB file.
For example: restoreDB.bat cmspressed_file_name.zip
- Start M365 Security Plus. (Start → All Programs → M365 Security Plus → Start M365 Security Plus)