How to view SharePoint Online audit log reports
Your download is in progress and it will be complete in just a few seconds! If you face any issues, download manually here
Manage and Secure Microsoft 365 with
M365 Security Plus
Auditing your SharePoint Online environment helps you stay secure and meet regulatory compliance requirements. To view the auditing reports that your SharePoint Online native tool provides:
- Log in to SharePoint Online.
- Click Settings , and then click Site settings.
- Click Audit log reports in the Site Collection Administration section.
- Select the report (such as Deletion) that you want from the View Auditing Reports page.
On the Operation Completed Successfully page, select Click here to view this report.
- Type a URL or click Browse to choose where you want to save the report, and then click OK.
SharePoint audit log reports let you analyze all activities in your SharePoint Online environment. However, the native tool has some limitations, especially with the analysis of audit reports, since the reports can only be exported in Excel format. To simplify your SharePoint auditing process, try your hands on ManageEngine M365 Security Plus, a comprehensive SharePoint monitoring, auditing, and reporting tool.