How to configure the IBM verse Android app to meet your organization's needs?
IBM verse is an e-mail service that particularly caters to the needs of enterprises and organizations. IBM verse allows the users to better organize their inbox and is now being preferred in many organizations because of it makes mails self-organizing and also allows prioritizing tasks. In addition to this, it also allows various EMM providers the permission to remotely configur IBM verse mobile apps.
Mobile Device Manager Plus makes use of the Managed App Configurations, to apply these configurations on the app while it is being distributed. This way, the admin can simplify the initial set up process and also configure the IBM verse app based on the requirements of their organization
- Android device with OS 5.0 or above, and enrolled as Profile Owner or Device Owner.
- Android for Work should be configured
- The app must be added to the repository using Android for Work to configure it.
Follow the steps given below, to configure the app with the configuration:
- On the MDM console, click on Device Mgmt tab and select App Repository.
- Click the IBM verse app to view more details and apply the configurations.
- Select the Configurations tab which appears only if Managed App Configurations is supported by the app developer.
- Here you will find a list of fields where you can enter values to the configurations you want to apply.
- Make use of dynamic variables to ensure that these configurations can be applied to all the users. Dynamic variables fetch the respective value that has been assigned to the device.
- Once you have entered the values and made all the changes, click save.
- The apps can now be distributed to the devices.