How to configure Mail Server settings using Gmail Account?
This document explains the steps involved in using Gmail account to configure Mail Server Settings on Mobile Device Manager Plus MSP.
- Mobile Device Manager Plus MSP currently does not support Two Factor Authentication while using Gmail.
- You will have to allow/enable "less secure apps" settings on the Gmail account to complete configuration. Steps to allow less secure apps
Perform the below mentioned steps on the Mobile Device Manager Plus MSP web console to complete the mail server configuration.
- Click the Admin tab on the web console.
- Under Setting Up MDMP MSP, click Mail Server Settings.
- Specify the following information:
- Server Name : smtp.gmail.com
- Port : 465 (SSL) / 587 (TLS)
- Sender Email Address: Your email address
- Test Email Address: email address to receive test mails.
- Email Type: SMTP / SMTPS
- Enable TLS: Yes / No. If you choose No, then SSL will be set as default.
- You need to enable authentication for configuring the Gmail account.
- Username: Specify your email address.
- Password: Specify your password.
You have successfully configured the mail server using Gmail account.