How to generate bug report on Android devices?
Certain issues require the MDM MSP support team to have complete log of all the activities carried out on the Android device, to troubleshoot the issues. So, in addition to MDM logs, you need to generate device bug report as well as explained below:
1. Open the phone dialer(calling app) on the device. In case, the device doesn't have a phone dailer, open the calculator app and enter +30012012732+. This provisions the Calculator app in Factory mode.
2. Enter *#9900# on the calculator/phone dialer to launch the SysDump tool.m
3. If the Debug Level is Disabled/LOW, tap to select MID. This restarts the device.
4. Reproduce the issue that you want to troubleshoot.
5. Repeat steps 1 to 2 to launch the SysDump tool.
6. Click on Run dumpstate/logcat.
7. Click on Copy to sdcard. This saves a timestamped .log file to the folder /log, which you can access through file manager on the device.
8. From the file manager, share the .log file via email or connect the device to a computer through USB, then copy the file and e-mail it to MDM MSP support team
9. Additionally, share the following details:
- AP: Build version of the software/firmware
- CP: Base-band/modem version
- CSC: The consumer software customization and it is specific to geographical region and carriers. It contains the software packages specific to that region, carrier branding and also APN settings for data connection, MMS etc., for the device service provider.
You can obtain the same by typing *#1234# on your mobile. On typing, you are shown a screen displaying the AP, CP and CSC details. You can either make a note of the details or take a screenshot and share it.
Repeat steps 1 to 3 to change the Debug Level back to Disabled/LOW to optimize device performance.
1. Go to Settings on the device. Click on About Phone and select Software Info. Click on Build Number 7 times to enable Developer Options.
2. Open Developer Options and toggle Developer Mode on, to provision the device to Developer Mode.
3. Enable USB debugging. Then click on Take Bug Report.
The bug report gets generated in a few minutes. Once it is done, a notification regarding the same is shown on the device. Click on the notification and share the report via mail to MDM MSP support team