How to modify user E-mail addresses in MDM MSP Cloud?
There are certain scenarios such as typos in the e-mail address, domain change etc., where the e-mail address of the users must be changed. To avoid typos, you can add the list of users in your organization with MDM MSP Cloud. This can be done by adding a CSV containing the list of users(usually from Active Directory) as explained here. The advantage with adding users this way, is that the user accounts are auto-suggested while sending enrollment invites, making the process easier.
Administrators can change the e-mail addresses as explained below:
Admin enrolled devices:
- On the MDM Server, navigate to the Enrollment tab. Click on the ellipsis icon under the Actions tab, which is displayed along with the device details and select Change User.
- Specify the new e-mail address and the corresponding user name. Save the entered details.
- Login here using your Super Administrator credentials.
- Click on User details under Control Panel. Select the user whose e-mail is to be modified.
- Click on Change Login Email IDs and specify the new e-mail address. Click on OK to save the changes.
- Confirmation mail will be sent to the new e-mail address which must be accepted by the user, to complete e-mail modification process. It takes a maximum of 6 hours for the changes to reflect on the MDM Server
E-mail modification doesn't wipe the device. However, all the account-related policies associated to the existing e-mail address gets associated to the new e-mail address.
In case of bulk modification of user e-mail, contact MDM MSP Cloud support(email@example.com)