Using Mobile Device Manager Plus, admins can configure App Notifications profile for specific apps. This policy allows you to control how and where the notifications appear on the device's home screen. You can prevent users from modifying the configured settings. This policy is applicable for Supervised devices running iOS/iPadOS 9.3 or later versions. To learn more about App Notification settings, click here.
Advantages of App Notifications
App Notifications can generally be used in the following scenarios:
- To prevent users from disabling important notifications from business applications.
- To hide sensitive information from displaying on the lock screen when the device is locked.
- It is helpful in cases where you want to restrict notifications from apps when a device is provisioned in Kiosk mode.
- To mandate certain app notifications to ensure users read important organizational messages.
|Disable Notifications||You can choose specific apps to disable notifications.|
|Choose Apps||You can choose specific apps to allow notifications.|
|Critical alerts (Applicable only for iOS/iPadOS 12 and above)||Allow/Restrict critical alerts to appear on the device's Lock Screen and play sound even if 'Do Not Disturb' is on or the device is muted. This setting is applicable only for certain apps that support critical alerts.|
|Notification Style||You can select the style for the notification:
Lock Screen: Notifications appear on the lock screen.
Notification centre: Notification appears in the Notification centre.
Banners: A banner appears across the home screen alerting the user.
|Banner Style||You can select the banner style:
Temporary: Banners appear at the top of your screen for a moment, then disappear on their own.
Persistent: Banner stays at the top of the screen until you tap on it or dismiss it.
|Sounds||Allow/Restrict sounds to occur with the notification.|
|Badges||Allow/Restrict badges to appear on the application icon.|
|Show in Car Play (Applicable only for iOS/iPadOS 12.0 and above)||Specify whether notifications are displayed on your car's display.|
|Show Previews (Applicable only for iOS/iPadOS 14.0 and above)||Choose how you want to display preview messages on the lock screen - Always, When Unlocked or Never.|
|Notification Grouping (Applicable only for iOS/iPadOS 14.0 and above)||Choose how you want the notifications grouped:
Automatic: The notifications from the app are grouped according to organizing criteria within the app, such as by topic or thread.
By App: All the notifications from the app are grouped together.
Off: Notifications are not grouped, they are displayed separately.
- If you want to create more than one notification style, click on Configure another notification style.
- iOS/iPadOS does not support multiple App Notifications payloads. If you try to associate more than one profile to the same device, then the latest profile will not be applied to the device. Hence it is recommended to configure all the settings in a single profile.