iOS Configuration Profiles
You can configure a profile to impose policies and restrictions on the managed mobile device. The following profile specifications can be customized and stored in specific versions, to be associated with devices/groups at any point of time. The specifications are listed below with the options to customize it. These profiles are tailored for managing iOS devices.
Profiles supported for iOS
- Passcode - Defines parameters for creating a password.
- Restrictions - Restrictions and permissions related to device functionality, applications, iCloud, Security, and Privacy etc.
- Wi-Fi - Configuring Wi-Fi and proxy settings for devices to connect to a secure Wi-Fi network.
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) - Configuring VPN and proxy settings to securely access corporate data from the devices.
- Per-App VPN - Configuring VPN for specific apps.
- E-mail - Configuring mail settings including mail server authentication and SSL.
- Exchange ActiveSync - Configuring ActiveSync settings to sync Exchange data with the client apps on devices.
- Kiosk - Lock the device to a single app or set of apps and have the settings pre-configured.
- Web Shortcuts - Specify web shortcuts to be provisioned on the devices for quick access.
- Web Content Filter - Blocklist or Allowlist contents to be viewed on the browser of a device.
- Managed Web Domains - Secure your corporate downloads by preventing unauthorized access.
- Wallpaper - Specify the image to be used as wallpaper on device's lockscreen/home screen.
- Asset Tagging - Specify the basic device information to be displayed on device lockscreen for easier device identification.
- AirPrint - Configuring AirPrint to print documents, images, etc., from the device.
- Global HTTP Proxy - Configuring Global Proxy settings to ensure that users need not specify proxy settings anywhere else on MDM.
- Enterprise Single Sign-On (SSO) - Configuring Single Sign-On to access various web services and apps easily.
- Certificate - Distribute certificates to managed devices to secure access to services such as e-mail, Wi-Fi, etc.
- Simple Certificate Enrollment Protocol (SCEP) - Integrate with Certificate Authority to automate distribution client certificates to secure devices through certificate-based authentication.
- Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) - Configuring LDAP settings to quickly access recources on a public network.
- Contact Sync - Configuring CardDav settings to sync corporate contacts with the client app on the device.
- Calendar Sync - Configuring CalDav settings to sync corporate data with the client app on the device.
- Subscribed Calendars - Configuring calendar settings to sync data from subscribed calendars with the client app on the device.
- Access Point Name - Configuring the Access Point Name (APN) settings on devices to connect to a carrier for data connection.
- Custom Configuration - Configuring customized profiles using third-party tools such as Apple Configurator and distribute them via MDM.