How to restore database backup if the Mobile Device Manager Plus server crashes?
Mobile Device Manager Plus server takes a backup of data once everyday, to be used in the unlikely event of a server crash. This document provides the steps to be performed to schedule and restore these data backup as and when necessary.
Follow the steps given below to schedule and restore the database backup for the MDM server
Scheduling database backup
- Navigate to Database Backup from the Admin tab.
- Enter the time at which you want the backup to be performed along with the details of the location to store the backup.
- Once you have made the required changes, click on Save Changes.
- The backup will be stored in the selected location.
Restoring the backup
- Run the following bat file in the default location C:\ManageEngine\MDMServer\bin\backuprestore.bat.
- It is recommended to perform the database backup manually again to ensure you restore the latest backup, so select the Backup option.
- Enter the location where you want to store the backup.
- Select Restore and enter the location where you have stored the backup.
- This will restore the latest backup of the data.
NOTE: The backup can be restored only on the same build number as the backup.