How to use iTunes or Apple Configurator to restore iOS devices?
If a device loses connection while being deprovisioned, might fail to be unmanaged despite being removed from the MDM server. In such a case, the user can either use iTunes or Apple Configurator to restore the device. Restoring devices using iTunes or Apple Configurator ensures that not only the data and settings are wiped, it also re-downloads iOS into these devices.
Restoring devices using Apple Configurator
Follow the steps given below to restore the device using Apple Configurator.
- Connect the device to a Mac machine which has Apple Configurator installed in it.
- Open Apple Configurator, and the connected device will be listed.
- Right click the device, and choose Restore.
Restoring devices using iTunes
Follow the steps given below to restore devices using iTunes.
- Connect the device to a system that has iTunes installed in it.
- Open iTunes and click on the mobile icon on the upper left corner.
- On the summary page, click on Restore iPhone.