Adding a Workflow
To add a workflow, follow the steps given below:
- Click on Workflow and select New Workflow.
- Drag and drop the required conditions and actions from the left panel to editor panel.
- Enter a Name for the condition and actions.
- To edit or delete a condition or action, click on it and select edit or delete icon.
- Click Trigger at the top of the page.
- Associate the workflow to the devices.
- Click on the Devices tab.
- Select the devices in Available Devices column and move to Selected devices column. Use the search box to search the devices.
- Click Next
- Configure the alarm trigger to trigger a workflow when an alarm is raised or configure a schedule trigger if you want to schedule this workflow for periodical execution.
- Click on the Trigger tab.
- Alarm Trigger: Click on the Alarm Trigger option. Select the required criteria. Executes this workflow on the associated devices, if any of the criteria is satisfied.
- Schedule Trigger: Click on the Schedule Trigger option to schedule the workflow action. Configure the date and time i.e. you can choose to execute the workflow either once, daily, weekly, monthly or yearly at a specified day/time, based on your preference.
- Click Next
- Configure the delayed and recurring triggerring of worflow
- Enter a Name, Description, and Tags for the workflow.
- Define Time: Select either Apply this profile all time or Apply this profile during the below mentioned time window. Selecting the latter keeps the Workflow active only during the specified days and hours.
- Delayed Trigger: If you want the workflow to be triggered at a delay, enter the delay time (in minutes). If you don't want to trigger the workflow if the alarm has been acknowledged in the mean time, you can select the 'Do not trigger if alarm is acknowledged' check box.
- Recurring Trigger: This option helps you trigger the workflow at regular intervals, till the alarm is cleared. Enter the trigger interval and number of triggers. If you don't want to trigger the workflow repeatedly if the alarm has been acknowledged, you can select the 'Do not trigger if alarm is acknowledged' check box.
- Click Save
The workflow has been successfully added. It will be executed on the associated devices at the scheduled time or when any of the criteria selected is satisfied. You can check the output of the workflow in the Workflow Logs.
How to trigger workflow from device snapshot page?
- Navigate to Inventory --> Devices.
- Click on a particular device, to open its corresponding snapshot page.
- On the top right tab having a list of icons click the workflow icon.
- Click on New Workflow. (This will take you to the Workflow page in OpManager)
- You can design your own workflow here.
Following is a sample workflow which helps gets executed automatically when a device down alarm is raised. This workflow sends ping request, if passed does DNS Lookup and adds the output as notes to the alarm.
Workflow Execution Logs for the sample workflow:
Click on Workflows from the left pane and select Workflow Logs
Editing a Workflow:
To edit a workflows, follow the steps given below:
- Click on Workflows from the left pane and click on the respective workflow name to edit.
- The workflow panel opens. Click Trigger button on top to perform the changes you want to do and click Next.
- Modify the name, description, tags, associated devices, schedule, and alarm trigger options if required.
- Click Save
How can I trigger an action in case of any issues in the network?
To trigger an action in case of any/ selective network issues, all you have to do is to create a workflow action with alarm triggers. You can refer the steps above to add a new workflow and select all/ specific triggers as per your requirements.