Configuring SNMP Agent in Lotus Domino Server
The Domino SNMP Agent is configured as a Windows Service and is set up to run automatically. This means that once the Domino SNMP Agent is configured, it is virtually always running, even when Domino is not. If you later upgrade Domino you should stop the LNSNMP and Windows SNMP Services before beginning the upgrade process.
- Use the Server Manager to add the SNMP Service to you windows installation. This installation process generally does not require a reboot.
- Once the installation process is complete and the service has been installed successfully, right-click the SNMP Service in the services console, and select Properties.
- In Properties, under Security tab, the “Send Authentication trap” has to be disabled. Now, please add a Community, e.g. “public” and assign "Read Only"rights for monitoring purposes.
- Now, allow any host/ hosts of your preference, to access the SNMP data.
- Now, let us install the Domino SNMP Agent service. This service will feed data to the Windows SNMP agent:
- Please open Command Prompt with Administrative privileges, and write the following code:
CD C:\Program Files\IBM\Domino
net start lnsnmp
If you get the following error when trying to install the Domino SNMP Agent service (LNSNMP -Sc), make sure you have installed the Windows SNMP Service correctly.
Error opening registry key "SNMP"
Error Detail: RegOpenKeyEx error code 2 (The system cannot find the file specified.)
Full key: SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\SNMP\Parameters\ExtensionAgents
Service deletion failed.
- Lastly, you need to ensure that Domino, sends Stats to the SNMP Agent. To do this, launch the Domino Console and send the following commands:
- This process is to be repeated everytime the Domino server is restarted. Therefore, add it to the Domino Server's "notes.ini" file.
- The Domino.mib will be located in the “C:\Program Files\IBM\Domino” folder. You can use this with OpManager.
For more information, visit these links: