Configuring Database Maintenance
To plot graphs and generate reports, OpManager collects data from the managed devices at regular intervals. By default, OpManager aggregates the performance data into hourly data at the end of each hour. The hourly data thus calculated will be aggregated into daily data at the end of each day. These aggregated data will be used in graphs and reports.
OpManager allows you to maintain the database with the required data. By default, the detailed data will be maintained for 7 days, the hourly data for 30 days and the daily data for 365 days. After the specified period, the database will be cleaned up automatically.
To configure your own settings for database maintenance, follow the steps given below:
- Click Settings → General Settings → Database Maintenance.
- Specify the values for the following fields:
- Maintain recent alarms in the database - the maximum number of recent alarms to be maintained must be specified here. For instance, if you want an history of last 500 alarms, specify the value as 500 here.
- Recent Events will be maintained for the last _ days - represents the maximum number of days upto which the recent events data will be maintained. By default, it takes a value of 7, i.e., the recent events of the previous 7 days are maintained.
- Detailed statistics will be maintained for the last _ days - the detailed data will be maintained for 7 days
- Hourly statistics will be maintained for the last _ days - the hourly data for 30 days
- Daily statistics will be maintained for the last _ days - the cleanup interval of the raw data as well as the archived data must be specified here.
- Click Save to apply the changes.