Discovery Filters are used to include / exclude devices based on certain filter conditions.
They come in handy when you want to add only devices of a particular type (say Windows devices ) to OpManager but you have a wide variety of devices coming under the specified input range.
How to set device filters during Discovery:
- In the Discovery wizard, click on 'Add Filter'.
- Discovery Action: Indicates whether the device that satisfies the criteria is to be added or ignored during device discovery
- Type: The parameter that has to be checked for inclusion (add) / exclusion (ignore)
- Condition: The logical condition that the parameter specified must match for inclusion (add) / exclusion (ignore)
- Enter the value for the condition and click on Add