Email Notification Profile
You can configure OpManager to send e-mail to network administrators when a fault is detected in the device. You can create separate profiles for each administrator and assign them to devices so that whenever the device has a fault, an e-mail is sent to the technician concerned.
Configuring an Email Alert
To create an email alert profile, follow the steps given below:
- Go to Settings > Notification Profile.
- Click Add.
- Select the Notification type as Send Email.
- Provide the From, To, and CC Email Address in addition to Subject and Message (select the required alarm variables which is to be displayed on the email subject and message). Click Next.
- Select the fault criteria for which you need to be notified. For instance, if you want to be notified of threshold violation, select 'Threshold rule is violated'. Additionally notify only when any or all the severity: Critical, Trouble, Attention, Service Down. Click Next
- Select the devices either By Category or By Business View or By Devices and click Next.
- Select the required Time Window, Delayed Trigger and Recurring Trigger and click Next.
- Give a profile name and Click Test Action to test the email profile or Save to save the profile.
The profile is associated to the selected devices. A notification is sent every time a threshold is violated for a server.
Note: Primary and secondary SMTP server settings can be provided in the Mail Server Settings page in OpManager. Whenever a new email profile is created, the values of the primary SMTP server and the authentication details are retrieved from the Mail Server settings. Refer to Configuring Mail Server Settings for steps to enter the details. If the SMTP server is not available while sending e-mail, secondary mail server is used to send the mail automatically.
If your email notifications are delayed, click here to troubleshoot.
OpManager also supports Email based SMS alerts, click here to learn more.