MIB Browser: Overview
The MIB Browser tool is a complete SNMP MIB Browser that enables loading and browsing MIBs and allows you to perform all SNMP-related operations. You can also view and operate on the data available through the SNMP agent running on a managed device.
The features of MIB Browser include the following:
- Saving the MIB Browser settings.
- Loading and viewing MIB modules in a MIB tree.
- Traversing the MIB tree to view the definitions of each node for a particular object defined in the MIB.
- Performing the basic SNMP operations, such as GET, GETNEXT, GETBULK, and SET.
- Support for multi-varbind requests. This feature is available only in the Java client.
- Real-time plotting of SNMP data in a graph. Line graph and bar graph are the two types of graphs that are currently supported. This feature is available only in the Java client.
- Table-view of SNMP data. This feature is available only in the Java client.
- Enables loading of MIBs at startup. This feature is available only in the Java client.
MIB Browser Interface
- Menu bar: Contains menus with related commands to perform all administrative operations.
- Toolbar: Contains frequently used administrative commands for easy access.
- MIB Tree: Shows all the loaded MIBs. You can traverse the tree and view the definition of each node in the tree.
- SNMP Settings: Displays the SNMP settings of the selected node.
- Result Display Area: Displays the result of the SNMP operations.
- Object Attributes: Shows the attributes of the selected node