Run System Command Notification Profile
You can configure OpManager to automatically run a system command whenever a fault is detected in the device. For instance, you can configure OpManager to execute a netsend command to send popup messages to a user's machine whenever a specific type of an alarm is raised for a device.
Configuring a Run System Command Notification Profile
To create a profile that executes the specified program, follow the steps given below :
- Go to Settings > Notification Profiles.
- Click Add.
- Select the Notification type as Run System Command.
- In the Command String field, specify the command name with additional arguments if any. Configure the name of the program with its absolute path. For example, if you want to run a script called 'test.bat' located in a particular directory (D:\Testing\Script) the input must be in the same directory (D:\Testing\Script\test.bat).
Security advisory: When the Run System Command Profile is triggered by testaction or by an alarm, the configured command will be executed. The command given will be executed as such from OpManager/bin directory and that will be similar to executing a command line from command prompt (CMD). So, it is the responsibility of the user to verify the integrity of the command before configuring the profile to prevent a security threat or vulnerability issue.
- Select the Error and Output check-boxes to append the output and the error message on executing the command.
- Select the fault criteria for which you need to be notified. For instance, if you want to be notified of threshold violation, select 'Threshold rule is violated'. Additionally notify only when any or all the severity: Critical, Trouble, Attention, Service Down. Click Next
- Select the devices either By Category or By Business View or By Devices and click Next.
- Select the required Time Window, Delayed Trigger and Recurring Trigger and click Next.
- Give a profile name and Click Test Action to test the system command(s) or Save to save the profile.
The system command is executed with the specified arguments whenever a fault matching the selected criteria occurs.