SMS Notification Profile
Configuring SMS Alerts
You can configure OpManager to send SMS to administrators when a fault is detected in the device. You can create separate profiles for each administrator and assign them to devices so that whenever the device has a fault, an SMS will be sent to the technician concerned.
To create an SMS alert profile, follow the steps given below:
- Go to Settings > Notification profiles.
- Click Add.
- Select the Notification type as SMS.
- Choose the gateway and provide the mobile number(s).
- Provide the Subject and Message (select the required alarm variables which is to be displayed on the email subject and message). Click Next.
- Select the fault criteria for which you need to be notified. For instance, if you want to be notified of threshold violation, select 'Threshold rule is violated'. Additionally notify only when any or all the severity: Critical, Trouble, Attention, Service Down. Click Next.
- Select the devices either By Category or By Business View or By Devices and click Next.
- Select the required Time Window, Delayed Trigger and Recurring Trigger and click Next.
- Give a profile name and Click Test Action to test the SMS profile or Save to save the profile.
The profile is associated to the selected devices. A notification is sent every time a threshold is violated for a server. To configure SMS server settings, click here.
OpManager also sends Email based SMS alerts, click here to know more.