SysLog Notification Profile
When any fault occurs you can notify users via SysLog.
Configure a SysLog profile
- Go to Settings > Notification Profiles.
- Click Add.
- Select the Notification type as Send SysLog.
- Destination Host: Provide the Name/IP address of the host to which notifications has to be sent.
- Destination Port: Provide the SysLog listening port number of the host to which notifications has to be sent.
- Severity: You can choose any of SysLog severity events to be processed.
- Select the Facility and required Message Variables. Click Next
- Select the fault criteria for which you need to be notified. For instance, if you want to be notified of threshold violation, select 'Threshold rule is violated'. Additionally notify only when any or all the severity: Critical, Trouble, Attention, Service Down. Click Next
- Select the devices either By Category or By Business View or By Devices and click Next.
- Select the required Time Window, Delayed Trigger and Recurring Trigger and click Next.
- Give a profile name and Click Test Action to test the email profile or Save to save the profile.
You have successfully configured the notification profile.