Maintenance of network devices forms an integral part of network
administration. You may want to perform a maintenance of specific
device types at specific intervals. If such devices are removed from
the network, or rebooted, then you will see alarms indicating that the
device, or the applications in the device are unavailable. Since the
devices are not available when polled for status during the maintenance
period, unnecessary alarms are fired. To prevent the devices from being
monitored for status during maintenance, you can schedule a maintenance
task for such devices.
Following are the steps:
- From the Admin tab, select Downtime
Scheduler option under Tools.
- Click on New Schedule.
- In the New Downtime Schedule form, provide the
- Schedule Name
- Schedule Description
- Select the Status as Enabled, if you want
the Scheduled task to take effect immediately. Else select
Disabled, so that you can enable it when required.
- Select the frequency at which the Task has to be
scheduled/executed. It can be Once, Every Day,
Every Week, and Every Month.
- Specify the start and end time/day of the task in the
- If it is a schedule to be executed every day,
then specify the date from which the task must be scheduled.
- If it is a monthly schedule, select either the date or the day with the time window for the schedule.
- You can assign the task to only the required devices, or a
device category like switches, routers, to a Business view, or to URL
The schedule will be executed as configured.
Copyright © 2012, ZOHO Corp
. All Rights Reserved.