Notifying VMware Alerts
Notification profiles help you to notify when any alert is raised for virtual devices. The notification can be a sound alert/ email alert/ running a script etc. You can associate any of the notification profiles that is already created for the VCenter / ESX host. To associate a notification profile to a virtual device,
- Go to the snapshot page of the host.
- Click on Notification icon present at the top.
- If no profiles are associated. Then click on 'Associate' to view the list of notification profiles already created.
- Select the notification profile that you want to associate and click Associate.
You can create a notification profile specifically for receiving alerts on events related to Virtual devices using the following steps :
- Go to Settings -> Notifications -> Add Profile.
- Select the required mode of notification ( email / sms / web console etc ) and fill in the required fields. Click here to know more about setting up notification profiles generally.
- Click on next.
- Scroll down to the section that says "When any Virtual Devices has a problem". Click on it and select the situations for which you wish to get alerted.
- You can get alerted either for General Alarms ( like VM Power on / off, VM Failover failed, Host disconnect failed etc) or for virtual device related performance issues ( such as threshold violations ) .
- Click on Next and continue the steps followed to setup a notification profile ( click here to view the complete list of steps required for setting up notification profile. )