A vital requisite of a automated network diagram tool
OpManager, the automated network diagram software has Layer2 Maps, a prominent feature of the network topology software helps you understand the underlying logical topology of your network by representing it diagrammatically.
This network topology diagram software - Layer2 Maps has the following powerful attributes.
- Provides a better visualization of the physical topology of your network.
- Beneficial when a device in your network runs into issues - you can easily identify the devices and interfaces that will be affected.
- By using this network diagram tool you can save the map as a business view and even export it as a Visio. You can also generate a printable version of the Layer2 Map.
- Layer2 devices get automatically mapped when a layer2 discovery is done. So you need not worry about creating / editing a Layer2 map every time a layer2 device is added / discovered.
To map devices according to their associated business services
OpManager's network diagram software helps you create a network topography diagram for your network infrastructure using the business view format. This maps views to their business functions accurately and offers a birds eye view for effective management.
Business view, one of the visualization formats in OpManager's network diagramming tool allows you to visually organize the devices in your network based on the business needs that they cater to. With business views you can :
- Visually group devices that belong to a particular business.
- View live link status between two network devices.
- View the device details of all the individual devices in the business view from a single console.
- Drill down to the snapshot details of the individual devices in the business view in just a click.
- View network traffic from SNMP & netflow.
Visualize the critical devices in your network geographically
OpManager, the network diagramming software or network topology mapper, offers maps, a format which can be used to represent the location of your servers and other important devices geographically. Apart from this you can use the map tool to:
- Get a clear view of the geographical distribution of your network
- Embed critical network devices to their real world locations either using Google maps or Zoho maps.
- View the status of the devices in a particular geographical location on the map.
- Instantly view the device snapshots of the devices embedded on the map with just a click.
- Create a network map diagram on your user interface.
Now under the scope of OpManager's automatic network diagram software
3D floor views
Diagrammatically represent the servers & switches in your network
OpManager, the automatic network diagram solution helps with maintenance and management of servers. The 3D floor view, a standout feature of OpManager's network diagram tool helps you simplify the server management process by diagrammatically visualizing the servers and switches in your network. With the 3-D floor view feature of OpManager's network infrastructure diagram software, you can:
- Create 3D views of the switches and servers on each floor of your data center or server rooms.
- Obtain a visual image of your server floors / server rooms, thereby making it easier to identify probable locations while installing new servers or switches.
- View the status of the servers / switches in your floors / server rooms.
- Easily identify faulty servers / switches in your floors with the help of color codes.
3D Rack view
Granular visualization of devices via virtual racks
OpManager, the linux network diagram software also houses a 3D rack view feature. that enables you to create virtual racks either similar to the ones in your actual server room or custom racks that will help you in your network management process, and populate devices onto it.
This 3D rack view builder, one of the formats of the online network diagram tool in OpManager, makes your life as a network administrator simpler in the following ways:
- Creating a virtual 3D rack for a group of network devices serving a common business purpose helps you organize and manage them easily.
- 3D racks provide you with a topographical visualization of a set of devices in the network. -You can populate devices to a virtual rack in a particular order - which provides greater understanding of the network architecture.
- 3D racks also allow you to visualize the racks in your datacenters in their exact physical arrangement. This makes data center management much easier.
- You can easily identify issues in the individual devices in these racks using color codes.
- Just click on a faulty device in the rack and you'll be taken to the corresponding device snapshot page. This makes troubleshooting easier.