Network diagram: Layer2 Maps
A vital requisite to automate network diagramming process
OpManager, the automated network diagram software, offers an impressive feature called Layer2 Maps. This feature allows you to understand the logical structure of your network by representing it visually in a diagram.
Here's how Layer2 Maps can benefit you in a user-friendly way:
- Visualize your network easily: Layer2 Maps provides a clear and intuitive visualization of the physical layout of your network. You can see how devices are connected and organized, making it easier to grasp the overall network topology.
- Identify issues quickly: When a device in your network encounters problems, Layer2 Maps helps you pinpoint the devices and interfaces that will be affected. This enables you to troubleshoot and resolve issues faster, minimizing network downtime.
- Customize and share your maps: You can save your Layer2 Maps as business views, allowing you to customize the layout according to your needs. Additionally, you can export the maps as Visio files or generate printable versions, making it convenient to share the network diagrams with colleagues or stakeholders.
- Automatic mapping of Layer2 devices: With Layer2 discovery, OpManager automatically maps Layer2 devices in your network. You don't have to worry about manually creating or editing the map every time a new Layer2 device is added or discovered. This saves you time and effort in maintaining an up-to-date network diagram.
Network diagram: Business Views
To map devices according to their associated business services
OpManager's network diagram software helps you create a network topography diagram for your network infrastructure using the business view format. This maps views to their business functions accurately and offers a birds eye view for effective management.
Business view, one of the visualization formats in OpManager's network diagramming tool allows you to visually organize the devices in your network based on the business needs that they cater to. With business views you can :
- Visually group devices that belong to a particular business.
- View live link status between two network devices.
- View the device details of all the individual devices in the business view from a single console.
- Drill down to the snapshot details of the individual devices in the business view in just a click.
- View network traffic from SNMP & netflow.
Network diagram: Maps
Visualize the critical devices in your network geographically
OpManager, the network diagramming software or network topology mapper, offers maps, a format which can be used to represent the location of your servers and other important devices geographically. Apart from this you can use the map tool to:
- Gain a clear understanding of how your network is distributed geographically.
- Connect your critical network devices to their real-world locations using either Google Maps or Zoho Maps.
- Check the status of devices in specific geographic areas directly on the map.
- Quickly access device snapshots by simply clicking on the embedded devices on the map.
- Easily create network map diagrams within the user interface of the software.
Network topology diagram: Virtual devices
Now under the scope of OpManager's automatic network diagram software
OpManager, our network diagramming tool, can automatically create visual representations of your network's structure. It generates network topology diagrams for various virtualization platforms such as VMware VCenter, VM's, HyperV, and Xen hypervisors, including their guest and host machines. In our user-friendly Windows network diagram software, these diagrams are conveniently stored in tabs under the map menu, making them easily accessible for you.
Network diagram: 3D floor views
Diagrammatically represent the servers & switches in your network
OpManager's automatic network diagram solution is designed to simplify the maintenance and management of servers. One of its standout features is the 3D floor view, which helps you visualize your network infrastructure in a diagrammatic way. Here's how OpManager's 3D floor view can benefit you:
- Create 3D views of your switches and servers on each floor: OpManager allows you to generate 3D representations of your switches and servers in your data center or server rooms. This visual representation makes it easier to understand and navigate your network infrastructure.
- Simplify server and switch installations: With the 3D floor view, you can get a clear visual image of your server floors or rooms. This makes it convenient to identify suitable locations for installing new servers or switches, saving you time and effort.
- Monitor server and switch status: The 3D floor view also provides real-time information about the status of your servers and switches. You can easily see if they are online, offline, or experiencing any issues, helping you stay on top of your network's health.
- Identify faulty servers and switches: OpManager uses color codes in the 3D floor view to highlight any faulty servers or switches. This makes it effortless to spot problematic components in your network, allowing you to address them promptly and minimize downtime.
Network diagram: 3D Rack view
Granular visualization of devices via virtual racks
OpManager, the Linux network diagram software, has a really cool feature called the 3D rack view. It helps network administrators like you to create virtual racks that represent your actual server room or custom racks that suit your needs. This feature makes managing your network a breeze in the following ways:
- Easy Organization: You can create a virtual 3D rack for a group of network devices that serve a common purpose. This allows you to organize and manage them effortlessly.
- Visualize Your Network: The 3D rack view provides a topographical visualization of your devices in the network. You can populate devices onto the virtual rack in a specific order, giving you a better understanding of your network architecture.
- Simplify Data Center Management: With 3D racks, you can visualize the exact physical arrangement of your racks in the data center. This makes managing your data center much easier and more efficient.
- Spot Issues at a Glance: You can easily identify any issues with individual devices in these racks using color codes. This visual indicator helps you quickly pinpoint any problems that need attention.
- Streamline Troubleshooting: If you come across a faulty device in the rack, you can simply click on it and you'll be taken to the device snapshot page. This makes troubleshooting a breeze, as you can quickly access the relevant information and resolve issues promptly.