How do I move O365 Manager Plus to a new server?
To move O365 Manager Plus to a new server. follow the steps listed below.
Note: Please upgrade O365 Manager Plus to the latest build using the Service Pack before migration. And, do not uninstall O365 Manager Plus from the old machine until the new installation works fine.
- Navigate to <install_dir>/conf (By default: C:\ManageEngine\ O365 Manager Plus\conf)
- Open database_params.conf file in a text editor and identify the database that is being used by O365 Manager Plus in your environment.
- If the database is MySQL or MS SQL, then contact O365 Manager Plus support for further guidance.
- If the database is PostgreSQL, then continue with the following steps.
- Stop O365 Manager Plus (Start → All Programs → O365 Manager Plus → Stop O365 Manager Plus if it running as an application, or Start → Run → services.msc → Stop the 'ManageEngine O365 Manager Plus' if it is running as a service.)
- Open command prompt as administrator.
- Navigate to <Installation directory>\bin
- Run 'backupDB.bat' file to back up the database of your current installation. This will create a folder named 'Backup' in the installation folder. By default, C:\Program Files\ManageEngine\O365 Manager Plus. This folder will contain the database in compressed file format.
- Backup patch files, if you have any. Take a copy of the Patch folder present in O365 Manager Plus installation directory (By default: C:\ManageEngine\O365 Manager Plus)
- Download and install the build of the same number on the new server.
- Stop O365 Manager Plus after installation on the new server.
- Paste the Patch folder under the O365 Manager Plus installation directory (By default: C:\ManageEngine\O365 Manager Plus)
- Copy and paste the compressed database backup file created from the old installation in the following location on the new server: \O365 Manager Plus\bin (By default: C:\ManageEngine\O365 Manager Plus\bin)
- In the new server, open the command prompt as an administrator.
- Navigate to <Installation_Dir>\bin.
- Execute the 'restoreDB.bat' file from the command prompt using the compressed DB file.For example: restoreDB.bat compressed_file_name.zip
- Start O365 Manager Plus. (Start → All Programs → O365 Manager Plus → Start O365 Manager Plus)