How to deploy a patch to upgrade Mac devices to the latest macOS Catalina?
Apple has released macOS 10.15 Catalina, named after the Santa Catalina Islands in Southern California. If you are looking forward to upgrade the Catalina update to multiple Mac devices in your organisation follow the below steps perform the deployment efficiently.
You can upgrade your Mac operating system to Catalina 10.15, only if the following system requirements are met:
- Computer should be running on Mac 10.9 or later versions.
- A minimum of 12.5 GB free space is required on the hard disk.
- A minimum of 4 GB RAM memory is required.
- You can refer this link for more details : MacOS 10.15 Catalina System Requirements.
- Open App Store in one of the managed Mac devices.
- Click on the macOS Catalina icon and choose to download. 'Install macOS Catalina.app' will be downloaded in the /Applications folder
- Navigate to the /Applications folder to find the installation file 'Install macOS Catalina'
- Compress the installation file using the following command
"tar -zcvf 602100-installCatalina.tar.gz Install\ macOS\ Catalina.app/"
Note: To compress the installation file, go to the Applications folder (as mentioned in the file path) and execute the above command. Do not execute the command in a different folder.
- Copy and paste the tar.gz installation file into the patch store directory manually. [To find the patch store location: Go to Patch Management -> Settings -> Cleanup Settings]
Using our Install Patch configuration, you can deploy the Catalina update to all the Mac devices in your network.