.Net Framework failure. Error : "Asia"
You're trying to install Dot Net framework updates and they may fail showing the following error: "Asia".
The possible reasons for this error could be as follows:
- There is not enough space on the disk.
- There could be a compatibility issue. This might require you to rename the below mentioned registry key.
- Insufficient space on the disk
- Clean up your disk and ensure your disk has a decent amount of space.
- Rename the registry key
- Go to Desktop Central Console and follow the step given below to rename the registry key by uploading scripts
Go to configurations-->custom scripts-->computer-->repository
- Copy paste the below given script to rename the bat files in your machine :
Reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Custom\setup.exe.old" /f
Reg copy "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Custom\setup.exe.old"
"HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsNT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Custom\setup.exe" /s /f
Reg delete "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Custom\setup.exe" /f
Steps to follow to copy the script
- Open Notepad.
- Copy and paste above script.
- Save the file as rename.bat.
- Use custom script configuration to deploy the script on failed machines.
- You can also rename the registry key by manually entering the command in the command line available. To do so,
Go to configurations-->custom scripts-->computer-->command line
You can also rename the Registry key by following the steps below
- Open Registry Editor in the affected machine.
- Navigate to this path, HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsNT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Custom.
- Rename the key setup.exe to setup.exe.old as shown in figure below and redeploy the failed patches.
If the issue persists even after following the above mentioned resolution, please feel free to contact Support