Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Patch Installation Failure - "Error Code:- 1603"
You are trying to install Adobe patches to your machine. However, the installation fails with an error message: "Error 1603. Fatal error during installation".
The possible reasons for this error could be:
- Corruption in Windows registry from a recent Adobe Acrobat-related software change (install or uninstall).
- Virus or malware infection that has corrupted Windows system files or Adobe Acrobat-related program files.
- We recommend you first uninstall the patch completely and then reinstall it. To do this, you will have to download the patch with ID 300495. This patch will uninstall the Adobe patches and install the Base version : 15.007.20033 of the same. The Adobe patches would be found missing henceforth. On identification of the missing Adobe patches, the latest version of Adobe patches will be installed in the subsequent patch deployment.
- You could also refer to this Adobe document to know about the other available resolutions.
- If you get the 'Installation failed' message again, even after following the above-mentioned resolution, please Contact Support.