Patch Installation Failure - Unknown Error Code:- 2145124297
You are trying to install Windows Updates and the installation fails with an error message - "Unknown Error Code :- 2145124297".
This error occurs due to the processor that your PC is using. Your processor might be designed for the latest version of Windows. For example, Windows 10 is the only Windows version that is supported on the following processor generations:
- Intel seventh (7th)-generation processors
- AMD “Bristol Ridge”
- Qualcomm “8996"
So devices which run the following version of Windows will no longer be able to deploy Windows Updates if they're using a seventh generation or later generation processor:
- Windows Server 2012 R2
- Windows 8.1
- Windows Server 2008 R2
- Windows 7
Follow the steps given below to resolve this issue:
- We recommend you to upgrade
If those devices have a processor from any of the following generations:
- Windows Server 2012 R2-based & Windows Server 2008 R2-based computers → Windows Server 2016
- Windows 8.1-based & Window 7-based computers → Windows 10
- Intel seventh (7th)-generation "Intel Core" processor or a later generation
- AMD seventh (7th)-generation (“Bristol Ridge") processor or a later generation
- Qualcomm “8996" processor or a later generation
- If the issue persists even after following the above-mentioned resolutions, please feel free to contact Support.