Change server FQDN, machine name and IP address
This document is applicable for version 10.0.208 or above
In this method, you will provide the IP, FQDN and machine name of the computer to which you wish to migrate your Central Server and all your agents will start communicating with your new server using the newly provided details.
Note: After the server is migrated to a new FQDN/IP Address, all the mobile devices will have to be enrolled again.
Steps to be performed on the existing installation
- From your web console, navigate to Admin tab --> Server Settings --> click on Central Server Migration and choose Change in FQDN and IP address.
- Provide the details of your new Central Server and save.
- Download the Server Migration guide and perform the Steps to Ensure given in the guide before initiating the migration process. This will prevent your new Central server from having start-up issues.
- From Command Prompt in administrator mode, navigate to <Installation_Dir>\bin and execute the command server-migration.bat enable.
- Example : C:\Program Files\Central_Server\bin ---> server-migration.bat enable
Executing this script will disable the Service and you will not be able to connect to the web console. The web server alone will run in the background to redirect the agents and distribution servers to the new server.
- Manually copy the installation directory named Central_Serverand paste it in the new computer where you are going to install the Central server. Ensure to copy all the folders including the empty ones.
Steps to be performed on the new installation
- Navigate to <Installation_Dir>\conf and delete ws.modtimefile.
- From command Prompt in administrator mode, execute the Migrate-CentralServer.bat from <Installation_Dir>\bin.
For example, C:\ManageEngine\Central_Server\bin ---> Migrate-CentralServer.bat
Do not remove the old setup until all the agents start reporting to the new setup. The agents and the distribution servers, during their next contact, will pick up the details of the new server and start communicating with the new server subsequently. You will need to run the Central Servers at both the installations till all the agents start reporting to the new server.
||Need Assistance? Try our Professional Service
We will migrate your Server and Data at a nominal cost of $295. Let us know your interest by registering here.