Use existing FQDN / machine name / IP address to new computer
This document is applicable for build number 10.0.208 or above. In this method you have to assign either the FQDN, machine name or IP address in which your current server is running to a new computer.
Steps to perform on the existing installation.
- From your web console, navigate to Admin tab and under Server Settings, click on Server Migration and choose to "Use existing FQDN / IP Address" to new computer.
- Download the Server Migration Guide and perform the Steps to Ensure given in the downloaded guide before initiating the migration process. This will prevent your new server from having start-up issues.
- From Command Prompt in administrator mode on your old installation, navigate to <Installation_Dir>\bin and execute the command server-migration.bat retain.
For example, C:\ManageEngine\Central_Server\bin ---> server-migration.bat retain
Executing this script will disable the Service and "PMP Server Component - Apache". You will not be able to connect to the web console.
- Manually copy the installation directory named Central_Serverand paste it in the new computer where you are going to install the server. Ensure to copy all the folders including the empty ones.
Steps to be performed on the new installation
- Navigate to <Installation_Dir>\conf and delete ws.modtimefile.
- From command prompt in administrator mode, execute the Migrate-PMPServer.bat from <Installation_Dir>\bin folder.
For example, C:\ManageEngine\Central_Server\bin ---> Migrate-PMPServer.bat
||Need Assistance? Try our Professional Service
We will migrate your Server and Data at a nominal cost of $295. Let us know your interest by registering here.