Use various patch management metrics to make smart patching decisions
You know the trope. “If you can’t measure it, you can’t manage it.” Patch management metrics refers to measuring the progress of patching process and arriving at better insights on how to improvise your enterprise security. Being able to measure how well your patch strategies and deployment policies are working helps decide what patches to abandon and what to double down on.
With continuous patching metrics and network monitoring, Patch Manager Plus can help find all missing patches and vulnerable systems on your network and provide the information needed to make your patch management program successful. Patch Manager Plus provides real-time patch management metrics such as:
- Patch status dashboards
- Patch compliance audits
- Patch management reports
Patch views to see everything in one place
Patch Manager Plus helps bring together everything from missing security patches to vulnerable systems in your enterprise network, in one place that's easy to understand.
- With 'All Patches' view, you can view the complete details of patches that are applicable for your network, patches that are missing in your network and patches that are installed in your network.
- With 'All Systems' view, you can view the status of systems in your environment based on system health policy. Systems are rated to be healthy, vulnerable or highly vulnerable depending on the missing patches count.
- Use powerful filtering options to analyze multiple tables and view patch status or patch compliance data in different aspects.
- The list of views available are given below:
- Patch view
- Computer view
- Detailed view
Patch summary dashboards - Know where you stand, and how you can improve patching
With glance-and-know dashboards, network managers can obtain all the data they need to assess the enterprise environment for missing patches and updates. If you can better visualize the patching process, you can better manage it.
- Patch status dashboards show how many systems are missing patches by patch count and by severity, in an enterprise network.
- Effortlessly keep track of vulnerabilities by monitoring your system health graph.
- Keep track of the progress of patch deployments and reboots in all the network computers to better understand if your organization is applying patches in an effective manner or not.
- These patch summary dashboards are browser-based, interactive and can be accessed from anywhere, anytime you need it.
With sheer number of vulnerabilities on the rise, the main objective of organizations is to have audits and adhere to a set of regulatory guidelines that ensure 100% patch compliant status of all managed endpoints. Patch Manager Plus helps achieve compliance with standards like SOX, HIPAA, PCI, etc and provides a bundle of useful reports to meet patch compliance audits.
- System Health Policy is a set of measurable settings that can be defined to identify systems that are out of compliance with your organizational guidelines. System health of all endpoints are calculated based on patch severity and the number of missing patches. This policy displays up-to-date information about the current patch health of all managed systems.
- Automated vulnerability assessment and patch deployments ensure all systems are compliant with the latest version of installed, licensed software.
- Patch compliant reports help monitor and report the vulnerability and patch status of each managed endpoint with automated email alerts for new updates, missing patches and failed deployments.
The final step of any successful patch strategy is reporting. Patch Manager Plus helps get the right information about vulnerabilities to the right people with its out of the box patch management reports.
- Predefined patch reports offer various patch details to the administrators to help them identify missing patches, vulnerable patches and supported patches in their networks.
- System reports provide detailed information about vulnerable systems in the network and also the patch details to fix the vulnerability.
- Reports can be customized to monitor network vulnerability in a way tailored to meet an enterprise's patch management needs.
- Feasibility to schedule reports to be emailed automatically to internal auditors.
- These patch management reports also come in handy during patch management audits that emphasize on network security and information security.
Critical Vulnerability Report
This report displays all the updates for zero and critical day vulnerabilities like Meltdown, Spectre, etc. You are provided with a filter which can be used to list down the patches of a specific vulnerability type. The User can directly install these patches by clicking on 'install patch'.