Import Users from a Text File
If you have the list of users in a text file, you can import the same to PAM360 database. All the lines in the CSV file should be consistent and have the same number of fields. The entries should be in comma separated form. Apart from standard details such as First Name, Last Name, User Name, Email Address, Department, Location etc, you can also enable or disable two factor authentication for specific users. To do that, you have to add an additional text (either 'enabled' or 'disabled') for two-factor authentication. CSV files with extensions .txt and .csv are allowed.
- Navigate to Users tab.
- Click "Add User" and select "Import From File" from the drop down list.
- In the pop-up form that appears, browse and select the file.
- Click "Next".
- The user inventory of PAM360 contains six fields by default -
- First Name
- Last Name
- User Name
- Email Address
- Of these six, the first four fields are mandatory and values for the same should be included in the CSV file. In your CSV file, the entries could be present in any order. You can choose which field in the CSV file maps to the corresponding attribute of the PAM360 user account.
- Click "Finish".
- The result of every line imported will be logged as an audit record. For troubleshooting errors during import, refer to the log file in the location <PAM360_Home>\logs\user_import_errors.txt