Displaying Messages to PAM360 Users
If you want to display a common message to all PAM360 administrators or users, you can do so from PAM360. The 'Message Board' feature helps to achieve this. For example, whenever PAM360 server is down for a few hours due to maintenance you can intimate this information to all the administrators/users using this feature. The common message entered by you will be displayed to all the users/administrators as you decide.
This feature enables you to display the message as a banner on PAM360 GUI. In addition, you can also choose to send the same message as an email notification.
To display the message,
- Go to the "Admin >> Manage >> Message Board".
- In the text field, enter the common message which you wish to display
- Specify to whom you wish to display the message
- Specify the type of display - online alert or email notification or both
- If you choose online alert, the message will be indicated in the PAM360 GUI. When users click that, the message will be displayed as a banner
- When you choose the option 'Email Notification', PAM360 will take the respective email ids from the user database and send out mails
- You also have the option to specify the time period up to which the message should remain in force. By default, the time period is 1 day.
- Click "Save"